Wednesday 22 April 2009

Do you expect me to talk? No, Mister Stanford I expect you...

"Sir" Allen Stanford - who still stands accused of running a Ponzi scheme - is back in the news after giving an interview to Scott Cohn at CNBC.
It was pretty dull stuff, to be honest, save one exchange, which caught my eye. I publish it below without comment, on the grounds it's tricky to satirise satire.

Cohn: "Somebody in your position would be useful to the authorities in the US trying to find out what was going on in places like Venezuela. Can you tell me about any sort of role you played that way – were you helpful to the authorities in the US?"
Stanford: "Are you talking about the CIA?"
Cohn: "Well, you tell me."
Stanford: "I'm not going to talk about that."
Cohn: "Why not?"
Stanford: "I'm just not going to talk about that."

No comments: