Tuesday 2 June 2009

Here's real recycling for you...

"Stuart Rose, the chief executive of Marks & Spencer, who is spearheading a £200m plan to reinvent M&S as one of the UK's greenest companies, has been driving gas-guzzling Bentleys on his days away from the office. Mr Rose told journalists he was ordering an environmentally friendly hydrogen-powered BMW for his own use when he introduced the green initiative this year. But, the Guardian has learned, he has owned two Bentleys for the past year." Guardian/Observer, April 9, 2007.

"Before I leave, Rose tells me he needs to make 'an honest confession'. He looks slightly uncomfortable and starts shuffling papers on the table in front of him. 'I haven't told you a lie,' he begins, hesitantly. 'I have sold my Bentley, but I bought another one. But I only drive it on Saturdays and Sundays and it doesn't do more than about 8,000 miles a year, but it is my little indulgence. I wouldn't want you to think that I'd misled you'." Guardian/Observer,May 31, 2009.

No comments: